Here are a few more hotels you MUST visit, if only for the breathtaking novelty they offer:
- Hotel Ristorante Grotta Palazzese Polignano a Mare, Italy — This hotel is built in a grotto overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. The rock formations overhead are absolutely beautiful, and the hotel offers surprising luxury despite its simple appearance. The dining terrace is built with a gorgeous view of the ocean, and the dim lighting makes it one of the most romantic places on Earth.
- Panchoran Retreat, Bali –– If simplicity is what you’re after, this is the destination for you. The hotel rooms are nice and compact, with only a roof over your head. It’s an open-air design, with isolated comfort in the wonderful heat of the Indonesian island paradise.
- Hotel Ubud Hanging Gardens, Indonesia — Yet another Indonesian hotel makes it onto this list, thanks mainly to its elegant swimming pools offering stunning views of the surrounding jungles. Canopied beds built on floating pontoons provide amazing comfort every night, and it’s an island retreat you can’t help but love.
- Ice Hotel in Jukkasjarvi, Sweden — Similar to the hotel featured in Die Another Day, this hotel is built entirely from ice. Sculptures and ice carvings around, and yet the hotel is luxurious and supremely comfortable.
- Hotel Le Sirenuse, Amalfi Coast, Italy – This old-fashioned hotel has played host to celebrities throughout history, and yet its simplicity is breathtaking. With gorgeous views of the Mediterranean and the colorful Italian homes built into the nearby mountains, it’s a dream destination.
- Hotel-Restaurant Öschinensee, Switzerland — Sitting at a table in this Swiss restaurant/hotel will be wonderfully relaxing, as you can stare up at the towering Alps or watch the wind play with the surface of the lake at your feet.
Image Source: luxpresso.com