If you’re thinking of visiting Chicago, here’s everything you need to know about your trip to the Windy City:
- Chicago is a place to go to DO things. You can take in a jazz show at one of the many clubs in the city, laugh at a comedy club, enjoy a meal at some of the fanciest restaurants in the world, climb to the top of some of the country’s tallest skyscrapers, stroll Hyde Park and Wicker Park, and visit the myriad museums dotting the city. There is no end of fun things to do when in Chicago!
- Chicago can be brutally cold in the winter months, so stay away until the spring thaw! However, if you want low airfare and hotel fees, winter is the best time to visit the city. If you can survive a lot of wind, snow, and possibly a few blizzards, you’ll have a cheap vacation in a fairly empty, tourist-free Chicago.
- Chicago is a wonderful place to visit during the spring, summer, and fall months. Summer is peak season in Chicago, so that’s when you will have to deal with the large crowds and the high prices for both flights and hotels. Spring and fall are better times to visit the city, as the weather is still pleasant, but the crowds are thinner and prices are lower. When in Chicago, make sure to take a trip out to Lake Michigan to see the gorgeous views!
- Chicago is home to the deep dish pizza, a glorious meal closer to proper pie than thin-crust pizza. DO NOT ask for any other style of pizza, but enjoy the heavy dish the way it’s meant to be eaten.
- Chicago is pricey for rental cars, gasoline, and parking. Use public transportation to get around!
Image Source: adventurecaravans.com