Welcome to New York City, the city with hundreds of awesome things to do and see! We’ve already looked at some of the more iconic NYC activities, but here are a few more you MUST try while in the city.
- Eat a hotdog at Grey’s Papaya, one of NYC’s most famous hot dog stands.
- Take a whirl around the Coney Island Cyclone, grab a hotdog and beer at Nathan’s Famous, and enjoy the myriad activities at the Coney Island Fair.
- See the New York City of years gone by in the New York Historical Society and its many exhibits.
- Take pictures of the more than 5,000 animals that call the Bronx Zoo home, including exotic and endangered creatures from all continents.
- Visit the Guggenheim Museum and see the concrete structure built by Frank Lloyd Wright, as well as stroll through exhibitions of art from greats like Picasso, Chagall, and Manet.
- Smell the flowers at the New York Botanical Garden, home to some of the oldest trees in New York.
- Shop at Macy’s Herald Square, along with more than 20 million other shoppers each year.
- Walk the pathways of The High Line, Manhattan’s own private walkway built on an abandoned railway track.
- Stroll the Brooklyn Heights Promenade and take in the peerless view of the New York skyline.
- See the Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, home to the 1964 World’s Fair, the New York Hall of Science, Citi Field, Arthur Ashe Stadium, a zoo, a lake, and acres of beautiful parkway.
- Take in a show at the Apollo Theater.
- Shop for discounted items at the Brooklyn Flea.
- Visit Union Square, home to some of the most important political rallies in history.
- Take a tram to Roosevelt Island and visit the Gothic lighthouse, the ruins of the Smallpox Hospital, and Southpoint Park.
- Walk the halls of The Cloisters to see exhibits on the Middle Ages, medieval art, and even traditional Middle Ages weapons.
Image source: www.nycworker.coop