Coming to New York City for a vacation or a weekend getaway? There are a few things you HAVE to do while in the city. Here are some of the most iconic NYC activities to add to your holiday plans:
- Visit the Rose Center planetarium and the myriad exhibits featured at the American Museum of Natural History.
- Take a walk around the gorgeous Central Park to have a picnic, feed the ducks, or paddleboat around the lake.
- Climb the thousands of steps to reach the top of the Empire State Building and stare out over the New York City skyline.
- Stroll through the Ellis Island Immigration Museum to learn about the immigrants arriving in the United States.
- See over 2 million works of art in the Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met)
- Try to enjoy modern at in the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), including sculptures, films, and masterpieces of architecture.
- Take the Staten Island Ferry from Lower Manhattan to Staten Island to get a glimpse of the Statue of Liberty.
- Visit the Statue of Liberty, and even possibly climb to the crown of the statue.
- Visit Radio City Music Hall, the Top of the Rock Observation Deck, the ice skating rink, and–at the right time of year–the MASSIVE Christmas tree at Rockerfeller Center in midtown Manhattan.
- Stare at the hundreds of thousands of people passing through Grand Central Terminal every day.
- See the myriad televisions light up in the heart of Times Square.
- Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and enjoy the views of Lower Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty.
- Goggle at the art spray painted on the walls of the 5Pointz Aerosol Art Center.
- Watch an outdoor concert or just take a relaxing stroll through Prospect Park.
- Take in a baseball game at Yankee Stadium.
Check out Part 2 for 15 more awesome things to do when in NYC…
Image Source: fineartamerica.com